Thursday, March 16, 2006

Long Vermont Roads


The other day Adam asked me what was the best meal I had ever eaten?
This was an awesome question because it forced me to reflect on many purely positive experiences; to try to determine when delicious food and good company combined to a near-perfect state of a
blissful "best meal."

What came to mind was dinner at the Owl in Vermont last summer: chili, fresh mozzarella, tomato, and basil salad, chicken and corn on the cob grilled on the fire, beer, smores, wine.

I don't know if I have ever tasted
- or will ever again taste- anything as good as that corn on the cob.

The cool thing about this homemade meal is everyone was at work on some part of it, and when we sat down together to eat it, the collective pride regarding the spread about equaled the copious amount of food.
And it was fresh, and it was summer, and why the hell is it back to being cold outside?!

No comments: