Thursday, May 04, 2006

Stiff Neck Girl


I woke up this morning with a terrible crick in my neck, and it persists. I have to avoid turning my head to the right. It goes a bit, hurts, then refuses to go any further. What a wimp! I tell my neck. You can do it! I say. Unfortunately my inspired peptalks are failing and I end up jerking my head in a Frankenstein-esque manner. The pills I took are also failing, and have left me sleepy beyond compare and wishing I could pull a George Costanza and curl up under my desk and nap. But instead, I ignore the painful stapeling (stapling?) "work" piling in my cubicle and write here.

I also googled my condition, which 9 times out of 10 is a bad idea, due to the fact that something scary comes up with everything. With the internet and a little imagination, a bruise can become thrombocytopenia. With this type of thinking I found I could have a subarachnoid hemorrhage, (which sounds like an underworld spider bleeding disease) or I could have slept on my neck wrong. Or, it could be a stapeling (stapling?) induced injury, which neglected to come up in my googling, but is pretty likely.

No comments: