Monday, May 08, 2006

Let them eat cake

It's always nice when people acknowledge your birthday, but it was a little odd to get an email from myself. If you go on futureme.org, you can write an email to be delivered to yourself sometime in the future. So, apparently, on June 10th of last year, I was sitting around with nothing to do, and wished myself a happy birthday for this year (I also told myself to buy something "on me"- what a dork). But anyway, even though it is tough to know what pronouns to use in addressing yourself, it is a cool idea. Users can also choose to make their emails public, so you can read how other people talk to themselves- it's a real mix, from those that berate, encourage, chide, belittle, or express sympathy to themselves. A lot of people tell themselves they hope they're not dead- which is counterintuitive if you ask me. Anyway, after reading a few public ones, this one was the best I stumbled across:
hey you! YOU BETTER BE A SWEET ASS NINJA BY NOW! AND BE TRAVELLING THE WORLD!!!

(written Fri Dec 23, 2005, to be delivered Sun Dec 31, 2006)
http://www.futureme.org/public.php?id=169228


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!