Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Entry Uno

I was thinking about reading some other blogs first entries to see how people start these things off, but beginnings have no option but to be a bit awkward and arbitrary, so I decided not to mess with that and just type away. Actually, I am a big fan of awkwardness.

So, I'm sneaking into the blog-world pre 2006 (oh futuristic sounding year!), when, who knows, maybe it will Really explode. This internet thing has yet to take off, right?

I am blogging in direct correlation to the lack of employ in my employment. Or perhaps more in homage to my own ennui. My job involves sitting in an overwhelmingly beige cubicle. Therefore, a blog appears to be a good way to amuse myself, keep from obsessing about my coworkers and my email, and get through a rather formless work week.

I discussed blogging with a couple friends and they told me to start one with the stunning endorsement of "I would read it," with this sort of fuzzy look in their eyes. I'm not sure how that stands as a recommendation, considering these are people that go so far as to hang out with me, but I will let it stand in case they follow through.

No comments: